Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 1, Thursday

**This is for yesterday when I couldn't post as the internet wasn't working**

The greatest gift I have ever received of which I am so undeserving and so incredibly thankful for is the gift of salvation.

We cannot work our way to heaven “yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ… because by works of the law no one will be justified” (Galatians), I am so grateful that even though “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” if we believe, we “are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.” (Romans) What a gift!

For my daughter and my family and friends that do not yet know Christ, my prayer has and will continue to be like Paul says in Colossians “we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father” and “that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”

Thank you, Lord for saving me. Thank you for drawing my heart to you and helping me to see myself as the sinner that I am. And thank you, most of all for sending your son to die for me so that I can spend eternity in heaven with you. I pray, Father, that you would give this gift of salvation to my friends and family that do not know you or who know of you but have not given their hearts to you or believe if they do good things they are safe. Help them to see the truth in your word… that no one can go to heaven for doing good things or living as “good people.” Help them to see that they need a Savior and that YOU are that savior. I pray for my sweet daughter, that you would save her. This is my greatest prayer and desperate need for her… draw her little heart to you as she grows Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment