Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Death by Cookie Bar

I made a chocolate chip cookie bar tonight. I about died from the yumminess. Make no mistake, this is NOT a healthy dessert (not in the slightest), but oh so very good. You will want a glass of milk when you eat these. I either won't be making these again any time soon or need to step up my workouts... yeah, I'll step up my workouts.



I found the recipe after a pretty specific google search. Props to Lacey at Worth Her Salt for this great recipe!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 1/8 c all purpose flour (I did half ap and half whole wheat)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking powder
12 T butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 t vanilla
2 c chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325. Melt butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.

2. Add sugars and mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

3. Dump in your dry ingredients except chips, and fold together with a spatula or wooden spoon, just until combined. Don’t overmix or the gluten will develop and make the cookies tough. Fold in the chocolate chips.

4. Spread in greased 9×13 pan (the dough will be a little greasy, but don’t worry). Bake until just set in the middle, 27-30 minutes.

1 comment: